Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Mulling over some thoughts... Not exactly our Christmas letter...

Mulling over some thoughts... Not exactly our Christmas letter...

Kicking cans across the parking lot doesn't do any good but on the last day of this year I intend to find a way to kick 2019 out of the ballpark. I must be in training for something. Every year seems to stretch me a little bit more. Obviously I have not hit my max yet. That's darn scary.

Just spent the last hour clearing year long accumulated paperwork off my desk. SS/Medicare approval... supplemental part B insurance acceptance... enrolled in drug plan in June... switched to new plan in October during open enrollment... Did not cover my most recent $800 dental expense (I should be happy that I still get pimples and cavities at my age.). or $700 for new eye glasses (first new pair in 7 years but I reused my old frames and it still cost me $$$ due to special needs)... Lou's MRI results (seeing neurosurgeon Jan 3rd for weakness and numbness in right hand) and my new autoimmune issue that is attacking my thyroid (I can't pronounce it and I sure can't spell it.) Insurance did cover almost all of the $60,000 for my surgery in August. Just had to pay my $185 deductible and $34.85 for "self administered medication" (I asked for pain meds as I left the day surgery area and they handed me two Tylenol.) I am cancer free. Praise the Lord.

Funeral/memorial announcements for friends and family in 2019.

Wedding invitations and Birth announcements... happily mostly in that order.

If I sound grumbley .... I am. Did something to my shoulder 10 days ago and chiro says I just have to give it some time. Time... hot packs.. cold packs... a couple ibuprofen every four hours and figure out how to cope with life with four or five hours of sleep (if I'm lucky). It hurts the worst laying down. Not sure if that's a blessing or not. I'm afraid to complain and have the darn thing hurting the worst 24/7.

I look around and Lou is exactly where I want him to be. Here with me. I know that we have it really really good compared to most. Truly Truly I am thankful. But I do work a little harder and dig a little deeper to find the humor in all of this that we call getting through life.

Don't worry if you don't get a Christmas card from us this year. There is no Christmas list. You are all written down in our hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home