Saturday, October 25, 2014

I originally posted this 9/21/2014 on my facebook page ... ( I have the link to the podcast now... and I'll put that link at the very bottom of this post.)
I am Praising the Lord, God Almighty!!! This morning.
Did you see my post earlier this week that a little 4 yr old was run over here in the parking lot last Sunday? The driver was Mary, the pastor's wife. She gave a testimony this morning of God's awesomeness that I need to share.
It was well after church, last Sunday, when it happened. Only one other car was still in the parking area. As she drove past that car, she felt a strange movement of her car. Her initial thoughts were "That was strange. There are no speed bumps here. Did I run over a helmet?... I hope that wasn't a child." As those thoughts went through her head in a flash, In a quick motion she put the car in park, turned off the engine, got out of the car ... her SUV isn't a long vehicle... it only took her three steps to reach the back of the car...and she felt the Lord say, "It's fine. Everything is fine." Then in one more step she was able to see little 4 yr old Peanut on the ground.
She wasn't sure he was alive. She knew it was "fine" but that didn't mean he was still alive. It took several yells to get people's attention. The first person arrived ... she does not remember who it was. But quickly the next person there was Amber. Amber is a doctor. She doesn't attend this church every Sunday and she does not often linger here after church but that day she was. Someone called 911. Amber was assessing out loud, "He's breathing... he is able to move his arms and legs... he is cognoscente "
Peanut was in a lot of pain. His lung was collapsed. He was yelling, "I'm DEAD. I'm DEAD. I'm DEAD" and everyone was soothing him and telling him that he was alive and here. And then Peanut said, "God is here and I am STRONG!"
The policeman arrived and Mary said that he was so compassionate at the same time he was very professional. PRAISE GOD, she said, for God to send such a compassionate understanding policeman.
The ambulance was delayed. The policeman offered to take them to the Ambulance and meet it. So they met the ambulance enroute and took Peanut to the hospital in Longview, WA. (Which is across the river from Rainier, Oregon.)
They got his lung inflated at St. John's and then he was transported by helicopter to Doernbecher's Children's hospital in Portland. His mom rode with him. Sue, one of the leaders here spent that night and the next day with Harmony and Peanut in the hospital. He was in ICU overnight but by Tuesday he was out of ICU and out of bed as well. Doctors would make their rounds with other doctors with them and they were astounded. Literally saying "How can this be?" Sue would tell them, "Prayer". "God is awesome!"
Peanut was discharged from the hospital Friday afternoon. At dinner, he was running around, playing with the other kids, like normal,... just with a neck brace on.
****************
Mary's POWERFUL testimony is part of the morning church service that was taped. If you would like to listen to her testimony... and it is so worth it... Please don't miss it.... I've tried to get it written accurately but there's so much more that was said this morning than the timeline of what happened. Go to the PodCasts at  www.scf-church.org and download the 9/21/2014 message.

You can listen to it from this link if you have itunes: Click here

 https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/9-21-14-pastor-jeff-dumke/id604799271?i=319425535&mt=2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home