Spent most of the day re-organizing the stuff in the Motor Home. Cleaned out some clothes...(for the garage sale to raise funds for the Women of Faith at Mountain Ministries to go on the Mexico missions trip later on the end of March).
Then Lou helped me with the files, folders and papers around our computer desks. He went through them... I went through them after he did deciding to keep or pitch... we shredded/burned/destroyed a big pile of stuff. Felt good to do that.
Then we had dinner with the Mountain Ministries directors and the women in the program. And attended the graduation party for the gal graduating on Sunday. WHOO~!HOO~~!!
Came back to the motor home at 9pm... and finished a bit of organizing wires/cables/keyboards between the new and old desktop computers. Lou hung in there with me all day... making the shelves I needed... moving the wires... dusting, vacuuming and contorting. (Anything we do like this results in a game of twister...trying to step over the vacuum hose, lift this to move that... it's tricky.)
Did I get flowers... no. Did I want flowers? I'm torn on that one. sure, I'd love to get flowers but only because I like flowers in the dead of winter ... (and not because that's what I need to get to know Lou loves me.)
Ever look up Valentines Day to see where and when it originated?? It's not what you think.
So tonight as we listened to the conversations at the dinner, we heard those that were happy and some that were disappointed and some that were just silent. Some women got phone calls today. some did not. Some women have husbands/boyfriends at home that made sure this day was special. some did not have anyone on the outside that bothered.
Then Lou helped me with the files, folders and papers around our computer desks. He went through them... I went through them after he did deciding to keep or pitch... we shredded/burned/destroyed a big pile of stuff. Felt good to do that.
Then we had dinner with the Mountain Ministries directors and the women in the program. And attended the graduation party for the gal graduating on Sunday. WHOO~!HOO~~!!
Came back to the motor home at 9pm... and finished a bit of organizing wires/cables/keyboards between the new and old desktop computers. Lou hung in there with me all day... making the shelves I needed... moving the wires... dusting, vacuuming and contorting. (Anything we do like this results in a game of twister...trying to step over the vacuum hose, lift this to move that... it's tricky.)
Did I get flowers... no. Did I want flowers? I'm torn on that one. sure, I'd love to get flowers but only because I like flowers in the dead of winter ... (and not because that's what I need to get to know Lou loves me.)
Ever look up Valentines Day to see where and when it originated?? It's not what you think.
So tonight as we listened to the conversations at the dinner, we heard those that were happy and some that were disappointed and some that were just silent. Some women got phone calls today. some did not. Some women have husbands/boyfriends at home that made sure this day was special. some did not have anyone on the outside that bothered.
Connie passed out hearts that had Bible verses written on them about God's love for us . Some verses were about showing love by forgiving. It was nice to hear them read out loud. Very nice, in fact. Smiles appeared on down cast faces and bigger smiles grew on those already smiling. It was the perfect way to celebrate Valentine's Day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home