Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Birthday Blessing for Lou

Lou's first cousin, Meredith, has faithfully sent birthday cards to us every year that I've known her. This is the birthday card that arrived a few days after Lou's birthday this year. It was a blessing that it got here, for sure. I don't know how many more of these Meredith will be able to send. She has resided at Woodhaven since she was a young girl and as she gets older, is struggling even more to write since her arm was broken in a fall a few weeks ago.

Woodhaven's opening statement on their facebook page is: "Woodhaven is not an institution, we are a community. We are a team of real people, working together to help adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities succeed." I think they've been a blessing to Meredith and I feel that Meredith has been a blessing to others. I also think that there are angels working in the United States Post office sorting mail. God Bless them and God Bless Meredith!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home